Follow us

Personal Injury FAQs

If you were in a recent accident, we are certain that you have. The following may help address some of your questions. These are not a replacement for, nor should they be considered legal advice. Please contact Jennie Patton’s office to schedule your consultation to learn more about the options available to you. Learn how to protect your rights.

Click the question below to display an answer.

What should I do first?

First and foremost, your focus should be on recovering physically and mentally. Part of that recovery is resolving who will be responsible for the medical bills related to the accident. Let your medical provider(s) know that you were in an auto accident. Give them your insurance claim number related to the accident from your auto insurance. Your medical providers should bill the auto insurance and not your health insurance.

What should I do about my car?

After you have taken care of you and your loved ones, your next concern should be for your property. Get estimates. Take your vehicle to an auto/body shop that you trust and feel that you comfortable working with. You have the right to choose who does the work on your vehicle.

Why should I talk with an attorney before talking with an insurance adjuster?

Legal consultation is your right. Never talk with an adjuster or make a formal statement to your insurance company without speaking to an attorney first. You do not need to navigate this process alone. There may be rights that you were/are not even aware of.

Some items to discuss when you meet with your attorney include:

  • Recovery care
    • What are your immediate and long-term medical concerns?
    • Who will pay for the medical costs?
  • Who will pay to repair/replace by vehicle?
  • What does the claims process look like?
  • What am I going to be responsible for paying?
  • How long will the process take?
  • What information do I need to provide?
  • When should I speak with the insurance adjustor?
  • Will I be compensated for lost wages due to personal injury and medical care or having to deal with repairing/replacing my vehicle
  • Who makes the determination of when I am done treating?

Your immediate concerns may be many, but meeting with the right attorney can help you focus on what matters most – you and your recovery. Jennie Patton will help you with your personal injury claim. She will work with you to ensure that your needs are being taken care of so you can focus on what matters most – recovering from the accident and returning to your way of life.

Use the contact form or call our office today to schedule your free initial consultation.

What do I do to get the best care needed for recovery from an accident?

After you have received emergency or urgent medical care following the accident. Your next stop should be your primary care physician (PCP). Your PCP knows your medical history and can make provider referrals. They can point you in the right direction to get the care you need.

Other medical professionals such as your chiropractor, massage therapist, or counselor, may also be of great benefit in helping you on your path toward recovery.

Start with the health care professionals you know and trust and who know you. When you seek their advice/treatment let them know that you have been in an automobile accident.

Contact an attorney to discuss your treatment preferences. Jennie Patton and her staff will help you navigate the process of covering your medical expenses after an accident.

How do I repair/replace my damaged vehicle?

You have the right to choose where your vehicle is repaired.

Jennie and her staff will work with you to help you get the benefits you deserve. The repair or replacement of your vehicle should be a fairly straightforward process.

We assist our clients with the property damage settlement portion of their claim at no cost. We will also help you understand your insurance policy to learn what is covered. Often, we negotiate for rental cars and help maximize repair benefits or settlements in the case of a total loss. Contact our office if you have questions or concerns.